Our culture today is progressively moving toward the 24/7-access approach to everything. And, in this case, medical attention. As a result, doctors have also set up specific policies regarding after-hours calls to help with accommodating various medical needs beyond their working hours.
Familiarizing yourself with the doctors and medical care specialists can help save you a lot of frustration when the time of need arises. Oftentimes, a need arises during odd hours and requires immediate medical attention. For this reason, it is essential to understand what a Gold Coast after hours doctor does and when and how to reach them.
What services do gold coast after hours doctors provide?
Before learning more about Gold Coast after hours doctors, it is ideal to understand who they are and the services they provide. This will enable you to know when to visit a healthcare facility or wait for your after-hours medical specialist to arrive. After-hours doctors are medical practitioners offering medical services beyond normal working hours. This includes late-night calls at home.
- An out-of-hours doctor will deliver urgent primary attention to their patients, including surgeries. The surgeries can take place at the most suitable location and mostly at the clinics to ensure proper hygiene and availability of equipment.
- An after-hours doctor can also provide curative care for acute ailments such as ear and throat infections, asthma attacks, and allergy flare-ups, among others.
- Accidents and injuries can happen at any time. That said, a Gold Coast after hours doctor will provide immediate attention to these injuries, including (minor) cuts and broken bones.
- Generally, an off-the-hour medical practitioner will diagnose and treat most cases brought in. You will find that their clinics are well-equipped to handle various medical emergencies, including an X-ray machine and a fully-functioning laboratory.
Tips for contacting an after-hours doctor
· Prepare before calling
Doctors working after hours understand emergencies and as such, they need to know your identity and location to facilitate the help needed. For this reason, when you call a Gold Coast after hours doctor, start by giving your name and age, phone number, location, and then describe your problem, briefly. This information is passed on to the doctor for evaluation. Ensure to have your phone at close reach when your doctor calls back. The doctor will either call you to their healthcare institution or prescribe some medication, depending on the seriousness of your illness.
· Provide medical history
Since you are calling after hours, the chances of getting your GP are slim. Therefore, you can start by introducing yourself to the Gold Coast after hours doctor and provide your medical history for better diagnosis. In this situation, ensure to respond and provide sufficient information to enable smooth interaction and diagnosis.
· Visit the Center
While a phone call is the first thing to do in an emergency, the physical meeting helps in further diagnosis and treatment. That said, you should be ready to go to the gold coast after hours doctor to receive urgent care. You will find that these after-hours doctors have their clinics and, they will require you to make that physical meeting.
· Appreciate an after-hour service
For urgent cases, a Gold coast after hours doctor will give their best to ensure you get the desired help. That said, you should appreciate them for picking your call and attending to your case during those odd hours. Mostly, these doctors will be asleep or handling other matters, but they will spare some time to attend to you. So, appreciating goes a long way.
If you present serious symptoms, the emergency room is a better option. Gold Coast after hours doctors can only do so much during a medical urgency. But in case of a stroke or heart attack, going into the emergency is most ideal.