Renovating your bathroom is a big decision to make. It is because a lot of your time, energy, and financial input go towards making the project a success. The price can range from affordable to extremely expensive for the high-end master bathrooms. Therefore, you should brace yourself for different expectations.
However, you can always be smart about Sydney bathroom renovations when you follow the right steps. First, you need to choose renovations that compliment your routine and lifestyle. While at that, ensure you choose a budget that works for you. Doing so ensures you achieve your expectations without getting a few gray hairs.
What to do Before Sydney Bathroom Renovations
Many things come into play before you embark on renovating your bathroom. Firstly, you need to have an existing bathroom space that requires revamping. Secondly, you have to think of the design you want to recreate in your bathroom. However, you should ensure the design fulfills all your bathroom needs. In this case, consulting with an interior designer for Sydney bathroom renovations is essential. They will help you create an ideal bathroom style for your needs.
The designer will ask several questions to ensure they create a design that matches your precise needs. Even if you have a design in mind, there are always factors that will affect its outcome. Here are some of the questions to ask ahead of the Sydney bathroom renovations;
- What does your daily routine look like? Your response should contain all the details on how you are planning to use the bathroom. It is because your routine will determine the layout of your bathroom.
- What is your budget? Before going too deep with Sydney bathroom renovations, you need to consider the overall cost. Your budget will determine the outcome of your new bathroom.
- What about storage needs? Having ample space for storage in your bathroom is ideal. Therefore, it is better and easier to add storage in your bathroom while renovating than later. The design will leave plenty of space for all your storage needs.
- How many people are in your household? The number of people in the house determines how they will use it. Therefore, your design for Sydney bathroom renovations should include ways that make it easy to share the bathroom(s). You will need to decide whether to go with single or double sinks and mirrors. Additionally, you will need to decide how much space to spare to use the bathroom simultaneously.
- What are your reasons for the renovation? Before you proceed with your plans for renovations, you need to have reasons for needing a bathroom face-lift. Doing so will ensure the design doesn’t replicate things you don’t like. Your reasons will determine the overall outlook of your new bathroom.
Tips to Consider During Bathroom Renovations
Niches and Recess for Additional Space
Since you will be working with the existing space for your bathroom renovation, creating additional space is paramount. What better way to create extra space than building niches and recess? Having recessed spaces for soap dishes, toilet roll holders, and medicine cabinets can save plenty of space in your bathroom. Building into the walls creates more space in the bathroom.
Don’t Forget the Ventilation
Sometimes, the bathroom doesn’t provide sufficient ventilation for your needs. Therefore, you can include ventilation options during Sydney bathroom renovations. You can add things like exhaust fans to optimize ventilation in the bathroom.
Choose Suitable Flooring
The right bathroom flooring will withstand rigorous daily use. Therefore, you should pick the best flooring material for your bathroom to ensure durability and stability. Hard flooring materials suitable for the bathroom include vinyl tiles, ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, luxury vinyl plank, etc.
Go for Lighter Colors
If you want your bathroom to look big, ensure to use lighter colors on the color palette.